SouthBeach Vegetable Quiche cups
Contributed By: Margret M. Saint Louis, RN, BSN (Swedish American)
3/4 cup pasteurized liquid egg-whites or 3/4 cup egg white substitute or 3/4 cup egg substitute
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
1/4 cup diced red peppers or 1/4 cup green pepper (or mixture of both)
1/4 cup diced onion
Tabasco sauce or other hot pepper sauce, if desired, to taste
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, spray the cups with cooking spray.
3. Thaw and drain spinach, wring it out well by hand.
4. Mix the spinach, egg whites or substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, hot pepper sauce and salt in a bowl.
5. Fill the foil cups with the mixture.
6. Bake at 350F or 20 minutes, testing so that a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Remove from cups to serve.